Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday » Top Ten Best Books I Read in 2015


This meme is hosted by the amazing Broke and Bookish. She has an amazing blog and some cool tweets to share so go check her out!

This week for Top Ten Tuesday I'm gonna share some of the best book I've read in 2015. 2015 has been a great year for books and next year will be even better. I will admit, I am writing this Top Ten Tuesday post a couple weeks in advance. Why? Because this week is finals. Yay. No I am not excited for finals at all. So wish me luck as you read this. Onto my actual picks! 



#1: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
I love Sarah J Maas' works. Every single one of them. When A Court of Thorns and Roses came out I didn't expect anything but an amazing story. I totally got an amazing story.















#2: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard 
I'll be honest, at the beginning of this year wasn't as crazy about books as I am now. I didn't research new books to read beforehand either. I just saw  Red Queen on the shelf of my local bookstore and it looked really awesome. I had heard some things about it but certainly not many. Red Queen blew me away and am highly anticipating it's sequel: Glass Sword. 













#3: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Woah. Six of Crows was such a great book. I received an ARC of this book at SDCC and was blown away. Leigh became such a great writer and am totally looking forward for the second book in it's duology.














#4: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
I was not expecting the amazingly awesomeness of this book. A Darker Shade of Magic had a unique quality to it that I honestly couldn't describe. It was magical and different, dark and light all at once!














#5: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
I myself have never read A Thousand and One Arabian Nights but because of this book, I now intend to read it in my spare time. This book was very cute and I enjoyed that it took place not in America and it had a very clever main character!














#6: The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
Okay, I'm gonna be honest with you, this book was freaking amazing and it deserves way more credit in the book community. I was shocked I had barely heard much word about this book at all and I LOVED this book, you can check out my review here. I'm gonna do this book some respect and represent it as one of the top ten books I've read in 2015












#7: The Witch Hunter
This book is as self explanatory as it gets. This book has witches. And they are some badass awesome witches. I have to say The Witch Hunter made me want to read more books about witches because it was THAT good!














#8: Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett
I wasn't really anticipating this book. I had heard about it but I wasn't bouncing off the walls in anticipation. I received an ARC of Blood and Salt at SDCC and woah. Blood and Salt was an awesome mix of freaky horror and even darker romance that was written beautifully!













#9: Splintered by AG Howard
This book didn't come out in 2015 but I couldn't NOT include it. Splintered was sweet and magical. With sparks of romance and adventure. Splintered also carries a disease, it's called: after you read this book you'll be obsessed with Wonderland Syndrome. 














#10: White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Also, not a 2015 release, but still amazing. Though the cover and title are slightly cheesy, slightly being an understatement. This isn't your typical romance. It's a dark and demonic one that made this book my favorite work so far of JLA's! You can read my full review of it here!













Hey guys! Hope you liked my picks for Top Ten Books I Read in 2015! If you haven't read them yet, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO! :)














1 comment:

  1. I loved ADSOM! It was my top book of 2015 until a couple if weeks ago. And Splintered! It was my very first blog review two years ago. I am buying Untamed the novella compilation today. I cannot wait to read Six of Crows, but I am waiting to see if the ebook goes on sale after Christmas. Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated so much! Thanks for shooting a comment, they always make my day!