Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday » Top Ten Books I'm Thankful For

       


This meme is hosted by the amazing Broke and Bookish. She has an amazing blog and some cool tweets to share so go check her out!

This week's Top Ten Tuesday was a Thanksgiving freebie, so I had to do the Top Ten Books I'm Thankful For, because,well I'm thankful for all books, but some of them changed my personality and person as a whole. So I MUST appreciate them! 


                                                        


 #1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
This book was probably one of the main things that really got me back into being an avid reader. Every character in the story has a special place in my heart, and personally, I always felt that characters from books always had an effect on my own personality. It's weird as hell, but it's strangely true. 


#2. Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson
If you haven't read this book yet, READ IT. Yes, I'm aware it's by James Patterson, not really a YA author, but the Maximum Ride Series is fantastic. I am so thankful for it, this book made me want to grow wings and fly away. It has such a wonderful story of friendship and I really enjoyed it. 

#3. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
I'll be honest with you, Outlander gave me something to totally obsess over. It's crazy, my friends are tired of hearing the damn word. Yet I still annoy them anyways, and they put up with me. 


#4. This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl
This book took me to places and made me think thoughts I never imagined I would think. If you've read, John Green's The Fault in Our Stars then you know that he dedicated that book to Esther Earl. Esther Earl was a late sixteen year old girl who died of cancer. This Star Won't Go Out left me breathless as it was all Esther's writings. It truly showed me how amazing a human being can be and at the same time made me cry and laugh. I highly recommend this autobiography, it was just beyond fantastic. 


#5. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
This book was one of those books that I thought was ridiculously stupid. I mean aliens? Could you dig any deeper into Sci Fi? At the time I wasn't into sci fi and still, I'm not. But this book was epic-ly amazing, and this book also showed me that blogging is a thing. That a passion for books can be executed in other ways besides buying more books and reading them. Plus, Jennifer is great with writing her men, she and Sarah J Maas are queens when it comes to it! 


#6. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkins
Within this book lived my first official book boyfriend. Noah Shaw was like totally gorgeous in this book and I was so not afraid to say it. Along with that, this series is so awesome and enrapturing


#7. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
This book has only word: AMAZING. Clockwork Angel was such an amazing book and I am so grateful it exists. Will Herondale was literally the picture of heroic in my mind and Tessa Gray was the best role model, okay not role model but, I really loved Tessa. She was so smart and kind, and she loved to read!


#8. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
One of my first YA books shall always have a special place in my heart. Though now Hush, Hush isn't all glorious as I once saw it as, I still keep it in a special place in my heart! :)


#9. Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
Tiger's Curse was my FIRST YA book that made me fall in love with YA even when I didn't know what YA was. And boy, I became obsessed, it made me really sad that many people hated this book. But in my opinion, this book was amazing, so many fangirlish moments and memories. This book is full of adventure and romance that kept me on my toes throughout the entirety of the series. 



#10. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
If you haven't read this book you are so missing out. The Raven Boys has this really unique blend to it. It's full of magic, some great characters with such different but lovable personalities. And then there's Gansey too. Gansey makes a big part of The Raven Boys. He is possible the sweetest and most gentlemanly fictional character I've ever met. I am so thankful for this beautiful book. 

That's it for this week you guys! Hope you enjoyed some of my picks, and maybe even agree with some of them! :) HAPPY THANKSGIVING TOO IF YA CELEBRATE IT! 


3 comments:

  1. I honestly read maybe 2-3 books from your list - but CLOCKWORK ANGEL. YUSH. The book quotes Tessa and Will fling back and forth.

    Okay, I admit I didn't like Will at first, but I adored him by the end of the trilogy. ^_^

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Will from the beginning! His sarcasm won me over, I'm the most sarcastic person like - ever! >.<

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated so much! Thanks for shooting a comment, they always make my day!