Friday, November 20, 2015

My Obsession with Outlander...

I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but I have an intense obsession with Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Get prepared, because I am going to rant. As fellow fangirls and boys, you know what a rant means.


So here we go, behold, the beautiful thing called the Outlander TV show poster:

     I just need to say that everything Outlander is amazing. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon has some of the best characters ever and my god, Diana did the greatest job writing Jamie! *winks* Let's just say, Outlander had some of the greatest writing I had ever seen, EVER. And I mean, ever you guys. Which, I'm going to tell you right now, after I finished Outlander, I read The Heir by Kiera Cass. While I was reading The Heir, it felt so empty...why? probably because Outlander's writing was just so fantastically amazing. And if you're curious to know, I was very disappointed by The Heir, not because of how it lacked Diana's writing skills, but because I found Eadlyn just so...so annoying. I found she was a rich brat and could barely face the fact that the spawn of Maxon and America was such a rich royal brat.
      BACK TO OUTLANDER. Hehehe, if you haven't read the books you won't get it. But as I write this, I accidentally made a joke...I'm lame. I'm so sorry. Anyways, I am so obsessed with this book, I waited in line for 4 hours to meet the cast. The very memory makes me smile as I think of meeting Sam Heughan and Catriona Balfe (picture above to the right!) It was very interesting to hear that Scottish people say "Aye" instead of yes. And don't call me stupid, all I've ever heard of a Scottish accent was in Outlander, so hearing it in real life had me shocked.
      If you guys are not understanding my dedication and obsession with this book, then know this: I OWN THREE COPIES. Which to many people, that may not be many, but that is a lot for me. Because I typically don't buy double copies of books. And boy, they look beautiful on my shelf.
      Now, I'm gonna tell you straight out and flat. Outlander has sex in it guys. Outlander has rape in it. Outlander is a very adult book. I shouldn't be reading Outlander. But Sasha Alsberg just talked so highly about it, I had to read it and find out about this Jamie. And I am so glad I read it. I ever so highly recommend this book, but if you aren't comfortable with this stuff, very descriptive sex scenes I mean, I wouldn't recommend it. Though there is the option of just skipping. :) But this book is so good guys, it's definitely on the longer side, and pretty much from there, the books get longer. But I don't care, the characters are so deep and I just love it!

I hope you all are aware of my Outlander obsession and it would make me happy if you decided to read it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated so much! Thanks for shooting a comment, they always make my day!