Thursday, November 26, 2015

Mockingjay Part 2 » The Movie Review

     Hello there my fellow booknerdigans and today I am going to be reviewing the final Hunger Games movie: Mockingjay Part 2! I am so excited to be reviewing this because a) this is my first book to movie review and b) this movie was super fantastic! If you haven't seen the movie yet, do not fear! The first half of this review will be spoiler free.  Though there are some minor spoilers if you haven't read the book.

      "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 76th Hunger Games."



      Now, I'm gonna be honest, I don't remember much of The Hunger Games. The whole series is really a big blur, mostly because I was like ten years old, and secondly because I wasn't as avid of a reader then. I was really bored throughout Catching Fire and Mockingjay, I admit I think I skimmed about 3/4 of the book. Don't hurt me! 
      One of my favorite things about this movie though was how amazingly fast paced it was. Mockingjay Part 1 was definitely a slower movie obviously because it was a build up for the second movie. It was Katniss creating a spark, the revolution growing. I was really happy that Mockingjay P2 had action, but wasn't consistent action. It was a fair amount of action that kept me hooked throughout the movie. 
      I do remember one thing from the books. Katniss was constantly being irritating when it came to Peeta. Throughout the book, Peeta constantly wanted to commit suicide, and Katniss is all mopey that Peeta doesn't remember her. All I can say was I wanted to slap Katniss and tell her to get back to killing President Snow and finishing up her mighty revolution. The movie hardly had any of that. In fact, it had none. There were certain Peeta-Katniss moments that were a little mopey, but it wasn't even really mopey, just a soft sweet moment. The movie showed these moments perfectly and it was completely amazing. My poor fangirl heart was failing me, the feels were just too much! 
      From what I can remember from the book, Mockingjay P2 stayed really true to the story. Maybe here and there, the order was a bit mixed up, but overall Mockingjay P2 wasn't upsetting to the true fans and even if you haven't read the book series, I think you would be really pleased with how the story went. This movie definitely deserves 5/5 Stars. It was just SO GREAT! And Happy Thanksgiving you guys! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated so much! Thanks for shooting a comment, they always make my day!